Day 265: Calgary

Saturday April 30th

After a marvellous sleep, I woke up at 7:45am to purchase tickets to the Britney concert. I prepared by logging into my Ticketmaster account and making sure I had my credit cards in reach. However, 8am passed and the tickets weren't on sale. It turned out that the tickets for the West Coast concerts (which included the Sacramento concert I wanted to attend) went on sale at 10am PDT - which was actually 11am here! (I though it was 10am EST, which was 8am here). That was fine - I simply went back to sleep for an hour and a half, and re-awaoke at 9:45. I'd expected huge traffic on the site once it hit 10am, but I was able to purchase a ticket with ease. Watch out Sacramento, here I come! I'm determined to get to this concert as well, given I had tickets to her Melbourne concert but was unable to go due to my assault in Thailand in 2009.


Today was a very uneventful day. We made it to breakfast shortly before Tim Horton's stopped serving breakfast at 12, then went for a walk around the city for an hour or two. Calgary really is a boring town and th CBD is very bland. We made our way to a cinema to watch Water for Elephants at 3:30, but the cinema turned out to be on 8th Street in another suburb, not in the city where we had walked!


The rest of the day consisted of vegging out in the hotel, having dinner at an Indian restaurant, and watching the Canucks play (seriously, is there a sport that plays more often and a play-off series that is more time-consuming that hockey?)
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment